The Shirazi foundation offices facilitates a learning environment for all levels of education, and serve as a link amongst scholars, economists, experts, scientists, Think Tanks, Universities, media outlets, and sister organizations including other Shirazi Foundation research centers, and is in direct contact with number of domestic and international news agencies in their inquiry about Shia Islam in general, and in regards to Islamic law in specific.
Imam Shirazi World Foundation considers issues such as Guidance and Development, Freedom and Peace, Compassion and Faith, Justice and Grace, Security and Stability, Excellence and Prosperity, as hopes and aspirations of the all Muslims, and those of the entire community of mankind, and therefore some of its fundamental aims are implementing them into reality.
The Foundation adopts consultation (shura) and Non-violence as its policy, coordination and collaboration with, and complementing other institutions, organizations, and forces of the community, as its strategy.
In identifying its aims and objectives, the Foundation draws from the best guide and leader there is, namely the Holy Qur’an, and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad and his impeccable progeny (Ahl-ul-Bayt), peace be upon them.
Missions and Objectives
To realize these visions, The Shirazi Foundation Inc. proceeds forward from a sound resource,for the late Imam Muhammad Shirazi has left a legacy of inexhaustible source of knowledge and teachings, a great richness of thoughts, proposals, studies, research, experience, not to mention the colossal number of books he has left behind. He has educated generations of talented experts and leaders in the fields involved, and has brought about a great wave of establishing institutions and foundations across the globe.
Furthermore, through his personal life style, he has set an exemplar ethical model of the school of the Ahl-ul-Bayt peace be upon them, a true manifestation of a divine scholar, who has resolutely persevered, and withstood all challenges and hardships throughout his life, totally non-attached to the vanities and pleasures of this world, while instead devoting his entire life for the cause of Allah Almighty.
The Shirazi Foundation Inc. has taken it upon itself, to pursue the following objectives:
1. To embark on researching, translating, and publishing Imam Shirazi’s works in the various branches of learning, starting from his monumental work on Fiqhh, through to the smallest of his little books, which have exceeded 1200 books. It is the intention of the Foundation that these works are translated to as many living languages of the world as possible, and to broadcast them on its various websites on the internet.
2. To spare no effort to implement Imam Shirazi’ lively thoughts and ideas such as shura (consultation), Peace, Justice and Grace, Ethical Morality, all of which are drawn from the teachings of Islam.
These can be achieved through:
1. Endeavor to help and facilitate an environment and tools necessary for scholars and intellectuals to thoroughly study, research, and investigate them to present the solution to the most pressing problems
2. Publication of periodical study and research journals for various groups/sections of society
3. Presentation and dissemination of these thoughts and ideas in various colleges and universities, and also broadcast and dissemination of these ideas on a wider scope through the mass media, such newspapers, magazines, radio, and television
3. To develop all those institutions that were established, directly or indirectly, by the late Imam Shirazi, and furthermore, to establish more such institutions
4. To continue the reform and educational movement, through supporting and guiding the schools and Hawzahs ( Theological Schools ) – or Universities for Islamic sciences – as well as training personnel for the skills, talents and leadership tasks required
5. To adopt the policy of “Trusting in the help of Allah”, “Firmness in Faith”, “Solid Determination”, “Confronting Injustice and Oppression” wherever it may be. Ayatollah Shirazi adopted such policies throughout his life, for that was in line with the teachings of the prophets and messengers of Allah and the impeccable imams of the Ahl-ul-Bayt peace be upon them, in defense of the oppressed, and the call for establishing justice, fairness, and grace throughout the world.
Successor of the late Imam Shirazi
Today, Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Sadiq Shirazi – the most prominent religious authority on Islam, to whom millions of Muslims across the globe refer on various issues of faith and worldly concerns, is considered as the successor of the late Imam to continue the school of Imam Muhammad Shirazi .
Grand Ayatollah Sadiq Shirazi has written more than seventy books in the fields of jurisprudence, Usul, economics, politics, ethical morality, etc. Today, he is also spiritual leader to scores of educational intuitions around the world. Hundreds of scholars, writers, intellectuals, and religious preachers have graduated from his school, most of whom have dispersed across the Middle East, Africa, Europe and America .